Monday, November 8, 2010

The Magnificent Mountain

The Magnificent Mountain.

“Let’s go.” We slowly stopped out of the warm car onto the edge of the mountain. At first it was surrounded by fog but the sun soon broke through to reveal a magnificent mountain. It stood before us like giant. We slowly approached the chairlifts that would carry us to the top of this monster. We finally arrived at the top. I scanned the mountain top and noticed many interesting objects. I spotted a small hut that looked so warm. It felt like it was dragging me towards it. I started to stumble towards it. Suddenly Mum grabbed my tiny hand and started talking to some people that looked quite friendly. Again i peered around this mysterious place . I stared down at the beautiful snow that shimmered in the sunlight like a star in the night sky . I payed my attention to the clear blue sky up above. I was loving this place so far! So much to look at I thought. Then I realised a bright red snow board in one woman’s hand as she offered to take me down the steep slope. I sat down in front of her and clutched the rope tightly. We started to move inch by inch then we speed off down the mountain side like a lighting bolt. As we approached the bottom and fell off and began to tumble the rest of the way down. I couldn’t believe I was nervous at first. I slid down
many more times on my own bright red sled. I was beginning to get cold as my tummy rumbled. But i was having to much fun to stop. I
jumped on a moving chair and began to swing my legs back and forth. The sun shone high above our heads. I skidded to the bottom of the hill again. I tried to stand up but instead I landed face first in to the snow. Some thing hit me as I stood up. My brother was giggling as he through another snow ball at me. Just as he was about to start a skiing lesson, I through a huge snow ball at him. This was the best day ever I knew I would remember this day for a long time. After that I started watching skiers and snow boarders do tricks on there boards. I was amazed as I gazed at how many people there were going down the mountain. I looked at my brother who was trying so had to be like them but instead he ended up sitting in the snow. We went down the slope one more time, then we went over to the warm car. I didn’t want to leave this amazing place it was getting a little bored of doing the same thing. I stared at the mountain in amazement. We drove slowly away from the giant mountain.
Keeli

4 comments:

Thanks for making a comment - we really like to hear from our readers! Please don't forget to leave your name so we can get back to you.