Monday, May 24, 2010

Tony's Camp Reflection

When we went to Mangawhai, I was worried about if I had to go down the flying fox. I was worried that I would hurt some one with the flying fox.

I was really scared of going down if the harness wasn’t tight enough. I might fall out. But when I went down, it was really fun and I am happy that I did it. Now I feel good.

I was a little bit scared that I might hit some one during archery some one could get really hurt. But when I thought it was my sister, I got it and I was really happy.

On the confidence course I tried to do it. I felt bad for myself. I tried again and I still couldn’t do it. I didn’t have a good feeling, but I tried.

When we had to go, I said “oh man” because I was disappointed, but it was fun. I would go again and recommend camp to others so they have fun too. I would go again. I learnt that I should overcome my fears.

6 comments:

  1. Tony, I watched you overcome your fear and go down the flying fox. Great job - I guess the chocolate bar Mrs McGrath promised you helped a bit!
    Your reflective recount has demonstrated that you learnt a valuable life lesson. Well done!
    Mrs Muston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony, I liked the way you overcame your fears and took a responsible risk on the flying fox. You won't be so worried next time, will you?

    Mrs Leydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony - I really enjoyed reading your camp reflection. It sounds like you had a lot of fun!! I'm proud of the way you overcame a lot of your fears and gave everything a go! Good on you!

    Mrs Magrath

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very impressed with your writing Chaice! What an amazing story! It is one of my favourite places to go for a school camp. Miss Olney

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember seeing you on the flying fox Tony. It looked like so much fun. I was impressed with the way you took a responsible risk and gave it a go! Keep up with the descriptive, reflective recounts! Awesome!
    Miss C

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your writing tony it spectacular i bet camp was fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making a comment - we really like to hear from our readers! Please don't forget to leave your name so we can get back to you.