Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Miner's Diary - Emily

Today I had to work down in the wet dewy mines. I hate it, but at least we get lots of gleaming dollar notes and coins. I hate it when I get wrinkly feet and then they go horrible, black and rotten. My uniform is overalls or jeans, bandannas to absorb my sweat, hard hats and gumboots. I work all day, then we have a little bit of time in our tiny dormitory with 50 people in them. After that I go off to the pub with my mates and have a nice cold beer and do our noisy gumboot dances. I like it when I talk all the time with my best mates, it’s way better for me than down in those cold, wet dewy mines, because it’s a bit lonely, and it’s really really hard work for me and all of my team mates. Well, at least my day is over for me and my team mates, but then it’s time to sleep in my tiny stuffy dormitory. Goodnight everyone.

1 comment:

  1. The blog is cooler now because there are more story's and other stuff on the blog now. from Emily Hook.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making a comment - we really like to hear from our readers! Please don't forget to leave your name so we can get back to you.